Global fintech agency is hiring a software engineer and architect to lead software development efforts, build and expand the team, manage the delivery of and maintenance of the technical platform, and engage with partner organizations to support their system integration efforts.
Innate is building and expanding the capabilities of its custom insurance sales platform. Our technology environment is 100% cloud-based, runs at scale and sells insurance directly to customers all over the world. This is an amazing opportunity to manage and scale the engineering organization to meet new challenges and maintain market dominance.
This is a full-time position located in our DC office.
What you will do:
- Collaborate across the organization and with external partners to understand priorities and business goals to develop a technical roadmap that can meet the needs of all relevant stakeholders.
- Architect new features and functionality across the entire environment. You will guide development of new APIs, manage testing, investigate a new AWS service, help design a new database, or support partner integrations.
- Manage a hybrid and polyglot system (.NET, Ruby on Rails, Postgres, MongoDB Atlas, SQL Server, Redis, and Sidekiq) across multiple AWS zones.
- Manage a geographically distributed team including overseas resources.
- Negotiate timelines, features and schedules with key stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communication is a critical aspect of this role.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-quality projects and releasing things rapidly and with quality.
- Make critical and confident decisions regarding project scope and timeline.
- Recruit and build the existing team of software engineers, database developers and administrators to enhance and continually scale the Impulse platform.
- Minimum 10 years leading teams to develop and deliver software engineering solutions on any technical stack (ex. Java, ASP.NET, Ruby on Rails or Flask/Python).
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with C# and ASP.NET MVC and Web API.
- Minimum 3 years leading/developing systems and platforms in any major cloud-based platform such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Minimum 6 years of relational database development experience on any major relational database (Ex. SQL Server, Oracle etc.). Experience with dimensional modeling is a major plus but not required.
- Minimum 6 years working directly with clients, partners and vendors to support major worldwide system integration efforts.
- Demonstrated experience developing and supporting APIs built to varying standards such as SOAP or JSON based APIs. Experience with Mongo DB helpful.
- Demonstrated experience supporting systems with stringent uptime and performance requirements. Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk and New Relic are a plus.