Title: Sr Ruby Engineer (100% Remote) (W2 Only)
Position Type: Contract
Location: Philadelphia, GA, United States
We are seeking a Senior (Ruby) Engineer (100% Remote) with demonstrated programming experience and a strong work ethic to join our rapidly growing team. We are looking for a programmer who takes pride in developing outstanding software and is constantly looking to improve the quality of his/her work.
· Develops, implements, and maintains systems that conform to information technology principles, architecture, and strategies
· Participates in design sessions and provides input on the software solution.
· Debugs problems with information systems using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources
· Follows directives and standards on programming style and documentation
· Provides training, technical support, and documentation of information systems to peers and end users
· Routinely communicates status (problems encountered, and time remaining to complete) to the team and stakeholders
· Act as a technical lead for a project, providing guidance on technical issues and design issues and mentor junior team members.
· Solid working knowledge of the Ruby language and the Rails framework is a must
· Understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns and how they apply to Ruby
· Solid understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance
· Experience creating RESTful APIs for integration with mobile apps and web sites
· Commitment to writing quality code through TDD - RSpec, Capybara, Phantom.JS
· Proficiency with Git as a source code management tool
· Experience with Agile development methodologies
· Experience with an Agile-based work tracking system such as Atlassian Jira, Assembla, or Rally
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
· Desire to learn new technology and use that knowledge in producing world-class mobile apps
· BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
· Experience designing web-based user interfaces
· Solid understanding of one or more NOSQL databases - MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.
· Experience with Twitter Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation
· Knowledge of AWS, iOS SDK, Android SDK
· MS in computer science or equivalent preferred
Job Type: Part-time