Ruby Engineer - Long term contract position
Work from home (Remotely)
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems that conform to company’s information technology principles, architecture, and strategies
- Participate in our product development from ideation to deployment and beyond.
- Create groundbreaking new features for our users and customers, and for internal use.
- Debugs problems with information systems using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources
- Follows directives and standards on programming style and documentation
- Routinely communicates status (problems encountered, and time remaining to complete) to the team and stakeholders
- Work within SCRUM team on both project and product based work
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a software engineer/developer using ruby on rails
- Understanding of design patterns and practices and how to apply them in practical real-world situations for software development
- Experience with abstraction, de-coupling and the separation of concerns in development
- Solid understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance
- Experience creating RESTful APIs and web services for integration with mobile apps and web sites
- Commitment to writing quality code through Behavior Driven Development, Test Driven Development and the design first approach
- Proficiency with source control tools
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with an Agile-based work tracking system such as Atlassian Jira
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Experience designing web-based user interfaces
- Experience with Java and Java frameworks a plus but not required
- Knowledge of AWS, iOS SDK, Android SDK
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $0.01 per hour