For more than 10 years, we’ve been paving the way to a more private and secure digital world. We’re an international SaaS company and a leader in the cybersecurity industry. Millions of consumers worldwide use our internet privacy and security products every day.
Our team of over 800 employees works from all around the globe. We have team members in major cities like London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Paris, Toronto, Perth, and more. And we’re just getting started.
We’re profitable and growing. We’re hiring talent across all functions: software development and engineering, product, data analytics, marketing, content, and people. Join us today and be part of our mission.
We’re looking for Back-end development Team leaders
Join us to lead developers building global consumers web-services. We use a micro-services architecture with a broad range of different technology stacks and high levels of automated test coverage.
- Scale and performance challenges. Handle tens of thousands of rpm, scale across geographically distributed datacenters, solve complex computational tasks quickly, and be highly available.
- Security. We work with world-class penetration testers.
- API design. We have client-side apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, routers, and browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Keep the API designs simple and meet the various requirements for our apps.
- Split-testing. We make heavy use of A/B testing to optimize our front-end for sales conversions. We have enough volume to often get significant results within one day.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of developers to deliver maximum business impact. You set expectations, motivate, run efficient processes, coach and train, and hold people accountable through regular feedback and formal performance reviews.
- Lead by example as a software developer. Even our senior managers are expected to spend at least some part of their time writing code to keep their skills sharp.
- Be heavily involved in creating hiring-plans, and designing and running interviews.
- You’re an expert software developer in server-side applications. It doesn’t matter much to us in which technology stacks you’re currently most proficient. That only impacts the length of your onboarding cycle. “Expert” means:
- You can describe almost any requirement as an automated test.
- You have a proven track record of creating elegant architectural solutions to complex problems.
- You have a proven track record of using efficient development workflows for teams.
- You enjoy managing people and are very good at it. That means you’ve had several direct reports for at least two years.
- You’re able to understand the strategy and needs of the business, then plan and communicate meaningful technical product roadmaps.
We follow best practices for software development
- We use a micro-services architecture. Across the company we operate more than 50 independently deployed services.
- Our most commonly used tools are: Ruby/Rails/RSpec, Python/Lambda, Lua/OpenResty, Ansible/Cloudformation/Terraform.
- We invest heavily in automated test coverage and reasonably efficient CI and CD workflows. We’re able to trust our tests sufficiently such that there is effectively zero manual regression testing, and we deploy to production dozens of times per day.
- We perform code reviews for effectively all changes. That’s embedded in our culture. We find it’s an effective way of spreading knowledge and skills around the team and ensuring high quality of tests, code and documentation.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please do not include any salary or compensation information on your resume