Technology at Fund that Flip
We build software that our customers and employees use every day to accomplish their work with increasing efficiency. We create tools that empower our borrowers and lenders with increased efficiency, competitive advantages and complete transparency. We are also building internal tools that enable our team to produce more business with less manual labor, creating a better day-to-day experience for our teammates. These tools help us operate the business faster at scale and with less paperwork, helping to maximize enterprise value.
We produce a visible and continuous flow of work by utilizing latest practice in process, continuous deployment and automated testing. We strive towards constant improvement with weekly retros and an open and transparent environment. .
We believe that empowering personal ownership of outcomes is the most motivating factor. We also believe in team ownership of company outcomes. We value self-directed learning as well as team learning.
We use open source tools like Rails 6 and React v16+ to build elegant software that our customers and employees use every day. We use automated testing and deployment, continuous improvement and common practice coding standards.
- Work on cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with product managers, UX/UI designers and stakeholders.
- Analyze, optimize, and automate business processes that drive company growth.
- Contribute to conversations around scope, solutions, release plans, prioritization.
- Work as a contributor
- Take ownership of code quality and functionality, write tests, and take responsibility for the quality of your releases.
- Pair and learn with other engineers.
- Contribute to Code reviews and help raise the standard.
- Drive testing strategy that helps add stability and flexibility for our team.
- Be a leader in the engineering team
- Lead conversations around architecture.
- Drive the development of technical standards and practices.
- Own code quality for your team.
- Function as a mentor to other teammates in your areas of expertise, and share your insights and knowledge at every opportunity.
- Facilitate a culture of continuous improvement.
- Comfortable functioning both as a leader and individual contributor.
- Interested in our business and eager to get your hands dirty with product.
- Understands the pace and ambiguity involved in tech startups.
- Appreciates simplicity and elegance in code (Pragmatic approach to solving problems).
- Naturally enjoys self educating, mentoring, and collaborating with external teams.
- Capable of managing resources through strong time management, delegation, project scoping and communication.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
- Recent years of experience with both Rails & React.
- 4+ years of experience working on a software engineering team.