We are looking for a remarkable Senior Front-End Software Engineer to join us! We’ve built a team of not just the best engineers, but some really awesome humans as well. This team builds cloud software (platform + apps + ecosystem) to accelerate the flow of government data into the hands of citizens, developers, businesses and researchers.
During the current distributed posture we are in due to the pandemic, we are open to candidates who are located just about anywhere in the U.S., not just Seattle.
This means a few things:
We are solving some pretty cool data access problems (ex. how do you extract, host and visualize every taxi ride in NYC so that any resident, anywhere can access it?).
What we do matters. New York, Seattle, San Francisco and 300+ other cities, states and counties use us to connect citizens with information that matters to their day to day life.
Front-End Software Engineers here build experiences that the amazing workers within the public sector around the world rely upon to use the data they have in abundance to drive better decisions and serve their communities more effectively.
We want to hear from you if:
- You want to build customer-facing experiences that encourage transparency and drive better, more efficient governance.
- You care about scalable, robust, well-tested code and have experience with testing frameworks like Mocha, Chai, RSpec or similar tools.
- You want to work in company where everybody believes in a shared mission and has a strong sense of shared responsibility.
- You provide code reviews to your team members, especially any more junior engineers on the team. You are a strong communicator, both within and outside of engineering, with a willingness to both mentor and teach when appropriate.
We especially want to hear from you if:
- You are comfortable making technical decisions when there is no clear correct answer.
- You have a proven track record of shipping great products.
- You are not afraid to hold yourself accountable and learn from mistakes.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tyler’s end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tyler’s solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 26,000 successful installations across more than 10,000 sites, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. A financially strong company, Tyler has achieved double-digit revenue growth every quarter since 2012. It was also named to Forbes’ “Best Midsize Employers” list in 2019 and recognized twice on its “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at tylertech.com. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
We understand change takes time and that we still have work to do; however, we are committed to making continual progress.