Advizex is an industry leading technology provider for infrastructure and enterprise application solutions. We are a community of experts who believe in the power of IT to elevate organizations and their businesses through innovations in system solutions, technology and service. We are united by our mission of 'Customers for life'.
We are looking for
You are highly motivated and passionate about Cloud Solution Architecture and have spent the last 3 to 5 years primarily focused on Azure and Office 365 solutions, including scoping, building, configuring and delivering Azure infrastructure-based offerings. Your secondary focus may have been on integration and interoperability of Cloud Applications in Azure. Before and while doing that, you were deeply involved in other areas, including Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies.
You've honed your skills with other Solution Providers, Internal IT Organizations, and/or OEM Software and Cloud Solution Providers and have experience in customer-facing roles in architecture and delivery of complex, multi-faceted projects. You are comfortable working with senior customer Executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management, along with your technical counterparts in infrastructure and applications support and development.
What you will do
As a Senior Architect you will design and deliver innovative solutions for clients. You will:
- Work on strategic projects focusing on Microsoft technologies across industry verticals.
- Be involved in Azure-focused projects from concept through implementation and integration.
- Perform Proof of Concept and Pilot deployments of Azure-based solutions.
- Collaborate with project teams comprised of individuals with diverse skill sets.
- Fully understand customers' requirements as they relate to IT and business initiatives, then develop solutions to provide technical and business value.
- Ensure solutions meet or exceed customer requirements for performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability.
- Develop rapport with Advizex customers and aspire to be their Trusted Advisor. For solutions based on Azure, you are their first call, before they implement anything new. Customers look to you for insight based on your wealth of experience and knowledge of best practices.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex, Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform, and possibly integrating with other Cloud platforms, such as AWS and GCP.
- Continue to develop and mature your skills with Azure, along with M365, Active Directory, and other complimentary technologies.
- Be active in the IT community by collaborating and sharing via partner activities, social media, and industry events and conferences. Along with your individual contributions, maintain knowledge of IT market trends, news, and events.
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, co-workers, partners and the general IT community.
Technical skills (required)
- Deep Azure design expertise with the Azure Architecture Framework including tenets such as cost, devops, resiliency, scalability, security, performance, and compliance
- Experience required to assess, migrate, and optimize on-premise workloads for migration to Azure and other public clouds
- Experience with disaster recovery/business continuity planning and utilizing Azure and other public clouds as DR targets using technologies including Azure Site Recovery
- Core Microsoft Infrastructure – AD, IDM, DNS/DCHP, PKI
- Microsoft Application-specific experience, including Exchange, O365, SharePoint, SCCM/SCOM, etc.
- Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions such as Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, containers and Infra as a code technology
- Cloud platform adoption and migration solutions
- Cloud application development solutions, such as PaaS, Serverless, and API Management
- 3+ years of success in consultative/complex technical full cycle scoping to implementation and deployment of projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects), architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications
- 3+ years experience and understanding of large-scale applications portfolio in enterprise-wide environment (including migration of on premises workloads to the cloud)
Technical skills (optional, but good to have)
- DR/DRaaS solutions such as Zerto
- Container orchestration understanding such as Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry
- CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet
- Programming and scripting languages such as C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive
- 3+ years experience or solid understanding of DevOps tools
Education and Certification
- Attained or work equivalent of Bachelor's Degree, preferably, but not required in a technical area of study, such as Computer Science, Information Technology, etc.
- Attained or work equivalent of advanced, relevant certification such as Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert. If not currently holding certification, willingness and ability to attain the certification within a reasonable time after hiring.
General skills and experience (mostly required)
- 5+ years of technical consulting experience
- Strong communication skills, including timely and clear email, phone, or text messages.
- Ability to work effectively with Advizex and customer teams.
- Ability to present technical content to various customer roles, ranging from System Administrators to C-level leadership.
- Solid writing skills, including the proper use of grammar and punctuation to complete professional documentation.
- Professional presentation and behavior, including time management, punctuality, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations for dress.
- Ability to self-manage, as you may be responsible for meeting internal and/or customer deadlines and delivery expectations.
- Experience with standard Office Applications, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Open to travel - position may require up to 40% travel annually
- Competitive base salary and an additional performance-based bonus.
- Health coverage with Vision and Dental options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account options
- 401k plan offerings
- Paid holidays and vacation