Welcome is changing the way people buy homes, and we want you to help build Welcome! We are a fast-growing venture-backed startup that is building new homes that are purchased online, customized, and delivered in 6 months at an incredible value.
We’re looking for an experienced Backend Developer who’s passionate about best practices and clean code to take our app to the next level. If you’re someone who excels at database architecture and innovative ways to solve problems, we’re looking for you.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years building Ruby on Rails web applications
- Desire to solve hard and complex engineering problems
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience building secure REST API’s and dynamic back-end systems in conjunction with developer tools.
- Ability to make pragmatic engineering decisions
- A record of pursuing self-directed side projects, research, or open-source projects.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and work well in teams
- Good track record for managing/delegating tasks and conducting thorough code reviews
Languages and technologies we use:
- Be a technical leader within the product you’ll be working on within the Welcome ecosystem.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various features.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Ruby on Rails services.
- Be a leader of the Welcome backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
Every employee receives:
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $50/month towards online fitness apps or gym memberships
- $1,000/year towards continuing education
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance