A Software Development Engineer (SDE) is responsible for contributing to the development of products and engineering solutions. A SDE is also responsible for the technical direction of engineering efforts as well as design choices for software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms.
The outcomes we're looking for:
- Contribute to the design, specifications and estimating of engineering projects
- Execute code (outside of code review) independently
- Develop stable software that satisfies complex product requirements as well as meeting architectural specifications
- Maintain high levels of code test coverage while delivering clean concise and understandable code
- Provide constructive feedback on architectural designs and peer code reviews
Behavioral Competencies required:
- Independent worker: Need to be able to communicate but also work independently
- Cross-team collaboration: Collaborate across teams including but not limited to Engineering, Operations, and Client Success
- Curiosity and drive: Demonstrate curiosity and a well-developed drive to find answers to questions that are currently being asked or haven't yet been asked
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical problems in person and in writing
- Works hard and smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability and working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion and commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance
- Effective communication: Speaks and writes clearly and directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others' contributions and support each other and drive everyone forward. #OneTeam
- 2+ years professional software development experience
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other (O)RDBMS
- Comfort developing in a unix environment (regardless of distribution)
- Experience in software and systems architecture
- Solid coding skills with knowledge of patterns and best practices in software engineering
- A commitment to test driven development.
- Open communicator with superb written and oral communication skills. Your code should not be the only thing that speaks for your work.
- Self-directed, seeks responsibility, and strives for excellence