Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States and hands down one of the greatest places to work anywhere in the world. But it’s not for everyone. There are certain qualities and passions you must have to fit into our “Team of 10’s”:
- We move with VELOCITY and you have to relish in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- We believe in being of service, which means you have to check your ego at the door
- We believe in taking our work seriously but not being serious at work
- We find passion in all things international business – it has to be in your bones
If you find the above personal attributes apply to you, continue reading.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our growing Technology team. This position is to be based in our Denver, Colorado office, but we are open to the right remote rockstar. This full-time position is a critical role responsible for helping to build a world-class software development machine that will accelerate our revenue growth as we continue to build new applications and partnerships. The successful candidate will need tremendous technical depth to support our broad customer base, rapid growth rate, and the scale at which we operate. This individual will report to our EVP of Technology.
Velocity Global is a high growth International Professional Employment Organization (PEO) delivering high touch international expansion services to our clients, where collaboration and communication are paramount. We live by our values of Velocity, Integrity, Professionalism, Empowerment, and Service and are always determined to be better personally and professionally in how we serve our clients and our internal team members. If you’re seeking to make an impact with a team of professionals who take on change as a challenge and strive to bring new ideas to life, this could be you.
- Help to execute on our technical vision and roadmap that align development activities and projects with company and team goals.
- Participate in all product development activities from ideation to delivery as a "no ego" team member.
- Participate in software design, acting as an agent of change to provide out-of-the-box thinking.
- Collaborate with team members to break big problems into smaller ones and iterate for success.
- Engage in delivery of software via a continuously improving development process, creating a highly predictable software delivery machine.
- Blend stellar speed, quality, and resiliency in a high-availability, fast-paced, and growing environment.
- Lead with a positive mindset, can-do attitude, and extreme ownership over your work, inspiring accountability within the team.
- Provide training and mentorship, passionately developing the skills and talents of others.
- Navigate organizational change to cultivate positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Help to attract top notch talent to join our existing team of experienced engineers.
- Be fearless in pushing outside your comfort zone, growing as a developer and human.
- Keep it as simple as possible and no simpler.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
- 5+ years of experience developing commercial software.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or related field is nice but aptitude and experience trump. We find that the best software developers come from many diverse backgrounds.
Phenomenal Backend Foundations: 5+ years of experience in a structured language and in-depth knowledge of at least one modern API framework such as Ruby on Rails and a solid foundation in REST best practices. Understanding of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token. A good sense for separation of concerns when integrating backend and frontend functionality.. Experience with data abstraction and writing performant SQL.
Seasoned Engineering Chops: Have experience participating in the delivery of large scale systems and making a tremendous impact, optimizing components for maximum re-use, performance, and long term maintainability.
Enterprise Integration Expertise: Experience with system to system integrations for optimal automation, including data bus solutions and brokered integration patterns. Familiarity with single sign-on models.
Technology Passion: Possess a passion for software development. It’s not just your career, it’s also your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders.
Continuous Improvement: A background of supporting a solid DevOps practice, including re-factoring, unit testing, test automation, and continuous delivery. Knowledge of performance testing frameworks and familiarity with Git code versioning tools.
The salary range is 100,000-130,000 USD with a performance-based discretionary bonus. The final salary will be commensurate with experience.
Velocity Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by State and/or Federal Law.