Customer Lobby is seeking a Software Developer to continue to help build out and scale their applications. As a Software Developer, you should be proficient in either Ruby on Rails, Python and or Elixir.
Customer Lobby was founded as a way for local service businesses to stay ahead of the trend and easily generate reviews to boost their online presence. And we did this for seven years, helping thousands of businesses bring in more customers and revenue. In 2014, we expanded our focus beyond reviews to launch a complete customer retention solution.
The engineering team at Customer Lobby is committed to agile value delivery and solid engineering principles, as well as continuously improving our craft. This is a company that believes in learning and keeping up with cutting-edge technologies and so at Customer Lobby, you will be on a roll and go the extra mile, and still have fun while at it.
Our team is currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to do so through at least the remainder of 2020. We have two prime locations in either Denver and Oakland and would prefer someone that is local or would relocate when our offices open back up.
You are passionate about coding and don’t consider yourself a purist in one language. Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space. We are still a small team, so you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of products and technology stacks. Here’s more:
- We are polyglots: although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best stack for the job. We’ve written data platforms in Python, we are currently in the process of building a couple of services that use Elixir. We believe in using the best tool for the job.
- We test: testing is at the forefront of our development philosophy. We never need to check our code coverage to know that it's at 100%: with disciplined TDD, no line of code will be written without a test.
- Build and deliver services using AI and Machine Learning. We process millions of rows of data every day and we need to build systems that clean user-entered data efficiently.
- Build and maintain our data processing infrastructure.
- Write clean, maintainable, reusable, reliable, scalable code.
- Provide engineering input for product planning.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
Mentor and cultivate junior engineers.
This role is a hands-on engineering role. You will spend a good chunk of your time designing/implementing product features.
- Understand OOP and MVC Concepts.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Zend, or any other MVC Frameworks.
- Proficiency using ElasticSearch (Architecting data structures and leveraging it in Web Apps)
- Experience writing GraphQL queries.
- Ability to write well documented and well-tested code. Experience with RSpec, Cucumber, MiniTest or other related testing frameworks is strongly desired.
- Experience with designing and building API's.
- Focus on writing clean, well designed, and scalable code
- Experience with Git.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Dockers and Containers is a plus
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus.
- A Computer Science/Engineering degree is helpful, but not required. People with relevant experience will be considered.
- Bonus points for contributions to an open-source project, a dedicated personal website/blog, an active GitHub account.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and robust benefits
- 401K with Company match
- 17 days off plus your Birthday as a holiday!
- Monthly company paid activities (i.e. happy hour, parties, etc.)
- Free catered lunch every Friday
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
EverCommerce is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you are looking for a company that is truly focused on empowering small businesses with superior technology, come join a company that rewards authenticity and supports energy with a passion.