Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company founded on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health and oncology. Centrellis™, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
Our Lab informatics team is looking for a talented Production Support Engineer who will be working closely with Lab users, Engineering and Product. You will resolve technical production support requests. Heavily involved with document findings, including new defects in products and work with other stakeholders to plan and prioritized fixes and resolutions.
- Develop code, SQL scripts, extracts and other solutions required to solve technical issues.
- Determine root cause of issues by debugging code, databases and logs.
- Work directly with customer service and business teams to troubleshoot, recreate, and/or resolve support issues.
- Document findings, including new defects in products and work with the Production Support team to create knowledge base articles.
- Create and maintain internal documentation related to technical topic specialties.
- Work cross departmentally as required to resolve customer issues.
- Act as an escalation point for technical questions and case consultations.
- Communicate current status of issues to the managers as necessary, based on severity and impact of the issue on the business.
- Ability to travel between different sites.
- Open to supporting the team during weekends/holidays as per the needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree a plus
- 2+ more years of experience in LIS/LIMS or have supported lab workflow
- 2+ years in SQL scripts or similar database technology
- 2+ years with Support tools, like ServiceNow or vFire
- 3+ years ‘experience in Python, Java, Ruby on Rails or a similar programming technology
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Willing to adapt/change or work with technology
- Be proactive and inquisitive with a clear focus on problem solving and troubleshooting
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and have great multitasking skills
- Attention to detail is required.