As a member of our “machine” team, you will be working on the heart of our product - the video and screen sharing technology. After being fully onboarded into our team, you will be able to define the technical requirements for different product features, pick the best technology for the use case, and develop new services from scratch. Of course, you will also work together with the team improving the current code base in the backend as well as in the frontend.
// Current tech stack:
- Frontend: Vue.js, Webpack, SCSS, Pug
- Web backend: Ruby on Rails, Postgresql, Redis
- Microservices: Ruby, Node.js
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud, AWS, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform
- Monitoring: ELK, Loki, Grafana
- Fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code quality, testing, and deploying
- Help us scale video conferencing:
You are responsible for developing new features and improving existing ones in the video conferencing and screen sharing part of our product. This includes microservices for recording, rendering, and conferencing.
- Develop within all parts of the stack:
Your job will be mainly focused on the backend, but you are always happy to help out with frontend development or code reviews
- Write beautiful code:
You document well and see the importance of testing. Due to your previous experience, you are able to break down tasks and execute them in an efficient way.
- Constant learning:
You are excited by technical challenges and are always on the lookout for new technologies. With your curiosity, you are always searching for the best technology for each use case and pick up new languages and frameworks fast.
- You help anyone in the team succeed:
You make effective and successful work possible by clear and honest communication in order to develop a shared understanding of the long-term vision and immediate next actions. When you don’t fully understand something, you ask lots of questions and use the opportunity to learn and grow.
// Your Profile
- ~3 years of professional experience in Web Development working with python or ruby (node.js beneficial)
- Ideally previous experience in ruby (extensive experience in python is also fine, you will pick up ruby fast)
- At least one project working with distributed systems
- Profound knowledge of how to set up efficient systems for scaling
- Experience working on a product with a high number of users
- Ideally previous experience in real-time applications
- The desire for high code quality and system security through automation, unit testing, and structured code reviews
// Why us
- Well-funded and backed by Silicon Valley's top investors and angels, including Y Combinator
- Fast-growing, diverse, and international team of tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs
- Unique proprietary screen sharing technology using a demanding tech stack
- Full responsibility from day one and being part of our hierarchy-free and results-driven working environment
- Competitive salary plus optional stock compensation package
- Flexible working hours and annual travel allowance for working remotely
- Attractive perks including gym memberships, German language course, top of the line MacBook or Linux machine, professional development budget of 1.500 € per year
- Regular team events like dinners, Oktoberfest, ski trips, and much more