We are looking for an experienced Python Developer to join our team. This is a long-term contract position and can be remote. Remote candidates must be open to working PST hours.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, security and sense of ownership that go into making well-crafted software. This position requires collaboration with other engineers, product managers, technical program managers and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity, attention to documentation and a desire to create, iterate and improve.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- 3+ years professional experience in software development using Python
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, EC2, S3, and AWS IoT (MQTT)
- Experience working with backend programming frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or Node.JS etc.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence or other project management software.
- Design, create, and update functionality for the tools, systems, software, and sites that support
- Identify opportunities to improve the user experience for the platforms, increase efficiency, and informational flow
- Engage internal teams (CS, engineering, QA, Product, Marketing, HR, etc.) and external parties for help in implementing features
- Create Lambdas and APIs necessary for the successful delivery of content
Nice to have:
- Extensive experience with Smart Home tech, IoT (AWS, PubNub, etc...) and or sensor devices
- Interest or experience in data science, machine learning
- AWS Certification (ie AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Developer, AWS SysOps Administrator)