SchoolCare's mission is to improve children's health with technology that efficiently connects schools, families, and healthcare providers. Our solution builds off of our school-centered digital health platform, enabling HIPAA & FERPA-compliant digital health charting, chronic disease management, and immunization compliance reporting. The SchoolCare team is working hard to drive improved health outcomes for American public schools districts through health technology and preventative care.
About the role:
Love programming? Want to lead an engineering team working on exciting projects dedicated to keeping millions of children healthy? SchoolCare is hiring a Director of Engineering to lead a collaborative team of thoughtful, friendly engineers driven by SchoolCare's mission.
- Create, support, and enhance new and existing features
- Build and maintain our highly available, reliable and scalable systems
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers to get projects delivered
- Actively contribute to the vision and culture of the engineering team
- Cover critical code with automation and testing
- Work on our CI/CD automation
- Participate in grooming meetings, shaping the future of the product
Qualities we're look for:
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience working in software engineering.
- 2+ years in technology leadership role while managing and mentoring a small to medium scale team.
- Proven track record in managing full-stack engineering teams that deliver world-class products.
- Strong background in Ruby/Rails
- Worked with React and Redux
- Experience working with relational DB, such as MySQL
- You've been in rapidly scaling and/or venture-backed company
- Strong background working with AWS, or similar infrastructure
- Exposure to or worked with Redis, Redshift, Elasticsearch, Docker, GraphQL
- Experience with Elixir / Phoenix
- Background working in K-12 (EdTech) or Health
Some of our Benefits and perks:
- Fully remote team during COVID
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision Life, and Disability Insurance
- Flexible spending - Commuter and Health
- Unlimited PTO
Equal Opportunity: You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.