COVID Update - We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since FireHydrant started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.
At FireHydrant, we're building tools that modern operations teams are using to manage complex systems in their globally-distributed applications. We bring order when our customers are experiencing chaos.
As a frontend software engineer, you'll build the experiences that power our product and scale to meet our customer's needs. You'll work with a variety of technologies as you design, build, and ship our rapidly expanding product. As an early member of our team, you'll get to lay the groundwork for future product innovation and scaling capabilities.
We're looking for people with a strong background or interest in building developer-focused products, care deeply about security and customer trust, and are comfortable learning new skills that will deliver value to our customers.
- Data-driven incident response tooling with a focus on ensuring all perspectives are heard
- UX design to distill many different streams of information into a cohesive product suite
- Refining our current product to ensure that it is intuitive and that it is easy to use for engineers and non-technical people
- Is experienced with React and Redux- bonus points for Ruby on Rails experience
- Can pick the right technologies for the job, and can learn the right technologies when they need
- Takes ownership of a project from concept to production
- Enjoys working with, teaching, and learning from a diverse group of people
- Knows why good is better than good enough, but also knows why perfect is the enemy of good
- Has a good understanding of user experience guidelines and can apply them to ensure users are productive on day one
- Write scalable single page applications to effectively display dense information.
- Continue developing more effective UX patterns to simplify cognitive load on users.
- Participate in an on-call rotation as needed to support the availability needs of the product for our customers; as you can imagine, we need to be more available than them
- Build an analytics dashboard used by customer leadership teams in staying informed on the progress of their teams
- Create internal status pages to show architecture health to stakeholders
- Develop mobile first reporting tools to help on call engineers make more informed decisions about incidents
- We're remote-first with engineers around the US, our headquarters is in NYC (Union Square)
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, GitHub pull requests, Notion, and Clubhouse
- We believe in a healthy work-life balance; we're early stage but work reasonable hours and want you to use your vacation time
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year
- Wellness program: reimbursements for your gym membership, athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc
- 401k match